California

Leaving San Francisco today after an my carriage of exhaustion caught up with me. We've put 3600 miles behind us, crossed between broad & golden plains, undulating dunes, vast & desolate salt flats, the jagged & sloping rocks of the tahoe wilderness, the sand & low ripple of the lake itself, the valley cloaked in a sunset haze, & finally, here in this city, where the buildings loom unending overhead & tower down avenues on & on until the ocean yawns its response.

Glad to be moving along, but I must note the sense of gratitude I have for everyone along the way. My brother & Dawn, the Brosches, my parents, Stef's parents; we seem to be on precisely the right path. Now to turn northwards & glide up the coast into that verdure that awaits. My life, my life, it looks a bit strange right now, but I feel a dormant vibrance awakening. I feel, simply, wonder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crow Pass Crossing

January 20

Dogs First