January 31

Quickly, I am compelled to note a new discovery: they have oil paintings of themselves hung upon the hallway wall. In his portrait, all business, he brandishes three silver rings, fists closed & rested upon his legs in a half-lean, that familiar smirk smeared across his face. In hers, rendered in a wash, she gazes, because of how the paintings are positioned, up at him, her eyes full of adoration & life. Oil portraits of themselves on the wall five feet from their bedroom. My disgust is complete.

Comments

matty lite said…
I want to have oil paintings of myself one day. Only all muscular and, I don't know, I'm thinkin' kind of a nordic triumph kind of atmosphere. Did I say oil painting? I meant velvet and paper blacklight poster.
ap said…
Nothing quite like some good Nordic triumph

Popular posts from this blog

Crow Pass Crossing

January 20

Dogs First