March 28

Off for Dawson Creek this morning, head of the Alcan. The sun slants over the snow-capped pines, a valley stretching out ahead, the Fraser Valley with its variegated geologies behind me. At points in yesterday’s drive it was the Rio Grande canyon on the low road to Taos, then the Western slope by Buena Vista, hoodoos capped in saturnine crimson rings, or the jutting lush peaks of the Cascades cloaked in heavy fog. A history. & afloat, progressing, a normative longing that swells within. But on, & on, & time unfurls, a banner tossed by the wind. I inhabit an odd dream

Comments

D.A.D. said…
I am trying to follow your route via google. I wish I had a paper map and some push pins but I don't. Anyway, I am tracking you as best I can.
Bree said…
happy trails. or, as happy as can be.

Popular posts from this blog

Crow Pass Crossing

Suggestions

January 20